Stay On Trend With A Kitchen Remodel Personalized For You!
A kitchen remodel is one of the most satisfying and personal projects we design and build. More time is spent in the kitchen then perhaps any other area in your home. Friends and family congregate around islands doing homework, cooking, or just sharing a cup of coffee. Trends come and go, but the most important aspect of your remodel is to stay true to the design and style principles you love; even if they’re not the hottest thing!
Helpful Hints To Learning Your Style And Creating A Functional Kitchen.
Do you struggle to define your style? Do you love both traditional kitchens and contemporary, cutting edge spaces? Conflicting styles can sometimes feel overwhelming at the beginning of a project, but thinking about them at the beginning helps clarify your vision. Here’s a quick guide to help you determine the look you want for your kitchen remodeling project:
- Architecture: Take a look at the structure and design of your home? Do you live in a brick colonial or maybe a West Coast bungalow? Bringing elements of your home’s architecture into your kitchen creates a cohesive design that’s easy on the eyes and translates well for resale.
- Aesthetics: Start checking out magazines and looking at pictures of kitchens online. Make a pinterest board or do it old school by posting printed pictures to a cork board. Take a look at what you’ve gathered and take note of any similarities and differences in the overall design sensibility. Write them down to reference when you meet with your designer. Often, there are so many similarities in these pictures that you’re one step closer to getting the kitchen of your dreams!
- Function: Start building a list of key features you need in your kitchen. Consider the following:
- Do you need storage for your heavy duty mixer, food processor, or toaster oven?
- Do you need a lower countertop for kneading bread or a built-in hutch to display your favorite china?
- Do you need pantry space built into your kitchen cabinetry?
- How many cooks do you have in the kitchen? Need space for just 1 or 3?
Figuring out what you like and don’t like helps streamline your vision and clarify your expectations.
Design-Build Helps Hone Your Vision.
When you choose a design-build firm for your next project, the engineer, designer, and contractor collaborate with you to create a kitchen that meets your needs both stylistically and functionally. You won’t have to translate your vision to the architect, designer, and builder, independently, where pivotal elements might get lost with competing agendas. At Foster Remodeling Solutions Inc., our team works closely to design and build spaces you’ll love and our process makes it easy. Contact a member of our team to learn more!